If you’re a business owner that runs a logistic company, then supply chain is the main processor of your business. Supply chain management or also known as SCM in logistics industries is a group of a different software solution that handles the business workflow which involves the movement of the goods, data, and finances, as a certain business product or service transfer from one place to another. Supply chain management duties are to implement product procurement, PLM (product lifecycle management), SCP (supply chain planning), product logistics, and product order management.
A reliable and complete supply chain software should include the following responsibilities:
- Material handling
- Software sets that work in all entities
- Creates business products
- Fulfill and complete product orders
- Track the products information
- Track data from manufacturers, wholesalers, product transportation providers, product logistics providers, and customers.
Background of Supply Chain Management
Some of you who have a background about supply chain management should say that this kind of system already practiced during the ancient time. The supply chain is the origin of linear supply chains that transfer products from one location to another place of the distribution.
As the year passes by, trade network, place, the location has been multiplied. There are several shipping lanes that are opened, ports were built, and railroads were created. Communication was smooth-running to improve supply chain management workflow in a more and effective method. As technology continues to change, simple supply networks also evolve into a more slick and sophisticated composite supply chain management.
Benefits of Supply Chain Management
Like what was mentioned above, supply chain management has been used thousand years ago to improve the product transportation and transfer from one point to another location of the distribution. That’s why many businesses rely on the effectiveness of this powerful software that gains a lot of useful benefits and advantages.
Below are some of the useful benefits of using a supply chain software in your business:
- It helps to manage and lessen costs
- Control different kinds of risks, such as delayed shipments and transportation errors
- Boost customer service and communication in all entities
- Assist with forecasting and business decision making
- Automate major business workflow process such as order processing, product invoicing, product shipment tracking, which can result from saving time and reduce business costs
- Help to recognize excess and waste materials or workflow processes and possible savings in transportation, logistics, product warehousing, and product manufacturing
- Enhance product inventory management and can execute to a more successful demand planning
- Boost on-time product transferring such as deliveries by managing all the activities and process throughout the supply chain
- Revamp the business’ responsiveness to unknown and unexpected scenarios, such as machine errors, employees absenteeism, missing products, or customer priorities orders, and human failure
- Manage reporting and analysis processes easily
- Helps with proving visibility in all entities such as suppliers, product’s manufacturers, product storage warehouse, and distribution areas.
- Enhance the collaboration and communication processes in all parties involved such as clients, product partners, manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors.
Like with any other software purchase, your business needs and requirements should be the considering factor when finding out a solution to maximize the efficiency of your business.